TWO COOKS WANTED FOR A WELL KNOWN INDIAN RESTAURANT- HOBART IN TASMANIA
The Flavour of India is a well know Indian restaurant. Due to the owners diversified business interests two cooks are wanted, specialised skills in preparing traditional Indian dishes and curries.
A Cook is responsible for food preparation of Indian Restaurant. The successful applicants will be required to prepare, and serve dishes in a busy environment as per customer’s expectations or catering establishments. A Cook will also be responsible to perform tasks such as preparing Varity of Indian food items, menus and cleaning work of the kitchen.
- Able to perform duties including food preparation, handling, serving and catering etc.
- Provide high level assistance to the chef for food preparation and dishes
- Able to cook Indian curries such as Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb, Fish Masala, Murg Malai Kebab, Mango Chicken, Rogan Josh, Gosht Palak, Chicken Curry, Mali Kofta, Dal Makhni and Aloo Mattar Tomatar. In addition, position also required knowledge about making Plain Naan, Garlic Naan, Butter Naan and Aloo Naan
- Preparing Vegetable Samosa, Vegetable Pakora, Cheese Pakora and Prawn Pakora
- Preparation of salad, topping and sauces including mango chutney, mint sauce etc
- Required skill of work under pressure in the peak seasons
- Handling all the cleaning task as required of kitchen standard
- At least 3 years work experience of Indian cooking and sense of customer services. Educational qualification is not essential if you have more than 3 years experience of Indian cooking.
- Initially training will be provided.
Term of employment
- 2 years (24 months) or longer.
Please send your CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Indian Cooks for Tasmania Wanted".
3 April 2011